Welding Wire project

I'm going to make some squirrel traps fashioned on some I saw that work pretty good. Basically, I'm going to use concrete wire, and lay them together to get smaller squares. I need to know what you would suggest to weld them together. I just got a new 115? Victor torch set, the small one, so could use brazing wire (?). Would I use precoated wire, or flux powder or paste? Or I could dial down the Miller 180 with some .024" wire, and hope not to to have too many burn throughs. Which one would you use?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I vote for the Miller. If it's anything like my Lincoln SP125+ it will work very well and FAST. If burn through becomes a problem reverse the polarity. Eric

Reply to
etpm

If by concrete wire you mean something like 3mm wire weld mesh then use the MIG. I've done it a number of times and even using around 140A with a quick manually timed pulse it produces very good small tack welds at the joint, you only need a fraction of a second and I find it easy to get used to.

Reply to
David Billington

Much easier to use hardware clothe. If the mesh is not less than an inch , they will manage to squeeze thru.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

coated brazing rod, hands down.

Reply to
clare

Missed the "concrete" - yea, use the miller. Brazing will take a lot of heat from the torch.

Reply to
clare