switch and pot

"The Kid" just talked me into another project... Install VFDs on his mill and lathe. he's going to make and mount two control boxes - operator panel. The VFD and brake resitor will go inside with a cut out to see the VFD panel. I'll wire and install.

He needs heavy duty industrial on/off/on switches and 2K ohm pots. These can get a bit spendy - new. Anybody got some used ones or good suggestion on where to buy?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Plentiful on ebay.

I normally just save them for myself, not for sale, too much work for too little money. But I do sell A-B 800T buttons.

Ignoramus17752

The AB buttons would be perfect if you have a couple on/off/on

Reply to
Karl Townsend

The Automation Direct 22mm metal switches are good quality for the money. They're similar to the old style Telemecanique 22mm switches, if you're familiar with them.

Ned Simmons

I second Neds's suggestion. I have these switches in a control on a CNC machine. When I did the retrofit I bought them new and over ten years later they still work like new. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Can you use relays and cheap switches?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

John

Thanks for the suggestion. Wish i had asked a couple days earlier cause that's where i got the two VFD's

I went with ebay and got two ohmite pots and two AB three position switches. Total will be about $70, a bit more than the kid wanted to spend. Oh well, the kid has always been good at spending dad's money. Now its my turn.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend