WTB/Trade 3ph 3hp reversing drum switch

Im getting ready to start the referb on my Larios Horzional miller and I need (2) drum or reversing switches. One needs to be rated at 3hp, the
other..shrug..feed motor..probably 1/2hp.
Either external style, or panel mount. Ill be making a console that attaches to the overarm ram.
Missed a pair of them on Ebay..damnit..
Gunner
"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."
- Onni 1:33

I have a 4PDT switch that could work for the little motor, and also a reversing contactor and also a huge drum switch. The drum switch, however, does not have a neutral (OFF) position. None of that would be free though, as I paid real money for that stuff. I collect motor controls compulsively.
On Sat, 05 May 2007 07:17:09 -0500, Ignoramus31652

I noticed that since Ive been bidding against you on drum switches.....
I could use the non-off switch with an auxiluary Start switch. How much?
Gunner
"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."
- Onni 1:33

Yes... Note that the drum switch that you bid on, is only rated for 2 HP, not 3. It might hold up for a while, though.
http://drillspot.com/products/43297/SQUARE-D_2601AG2_Switch-Drum-Reversing

$13 will work. Actual shipping, probably will be able to fit it in a flat rate envelope. I can post pictures so that you know what it is like. It is very beefy. I will also verify that it indeed functions as a reversing switch and is not something else.
On Sat, 05 May 2007 20:04:35 -0500, Ignoramus31652

Sounds good. Im not looking for free btw. Else Id not be bidding on Ebay. Ill look forward to the pictures
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
On Sun, 06 May 2007 15:43:57 -0500, Ignoramus26000

Cool. Same switch I use on Bechler screw machines, but scaled up a fair bit.
can it be used as a reversing switch for 3ph?
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

I think so, yes. It has six pairs of contacts, in one position three pairs are closed and three are open, and in another, the other three pairs are closed and the other three pairs are open. Whether all six pairs are closed for some brief moment, is harder to say, but the answer is probably no.

I'll look in the boneyard...should have something...3hp? ouch.
On Sat, 5 May 2007 12:14:27 -0700, "Tom Gardner"

I actually dont know what the HP rating is..the data plate is on the wrong side of the motor. But it is a 40 taper machine. Though the Italian switches that were placed as only a drunken Italian could place them..werent all that stout before they self terminated.
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Italian machine designers kidnap German engineers and feed them massive doses of LSD that force them to design stuff.
On Sat, 5 May 2007 23:07:52 -0700, "Tom Gardner"

I can well believe this.
On my mill...the electrical control panel, spindle forwards/reverse table feed forwards/revers and coolant, are located on the base of the machine, left side, facing the machine, about 6" above the floor.
If the machine were sitting in the middle of the shop, you would walk around the table, then get down on your knees to turn the appropriate switch.
If its mounted in a corner, for best use of space..this requires you to crawl under the table, and wedge your self sideways to turn the switches.
The machine base was cast with a rectangular hole for the controls plate to be mounted in. The switches are located 2 above the coolant level..the base of the machine is the coolant tank. There was no provision made to box in the switches to prevent coolant moisture from attacking the open backs of the switches.. Wiring from the spindle motor and feed motor hangs IN the coolant.
On the other hand..mechanically..its well designed and in excellent shape, other than the paint peeled and some meth addict decided to remove the peeling portions with a razor blade. Which left the machine looking like it had mange, as the gray paint was over a white primer. Or a gray fawn, several weeks old......
There was even a work light mounted on the ram (dovetail ram rather than bar overarms) and there is a nice trianglular boss cast into the top of the ram, which I will mount a proper control panel on. In a sealed and moisture/oil proof box. Along with a proper halogen work light.
A really good engineer designed this machine, then turned a group of retarded children loose on it. Typically Italian. Shrug.
If it had only one motor, Id have simply put a VFD on it..but since its got a seperate feed motor as well...shrug. I suppose I COULD put two VFDs on it..shrug again...