Rigging apology

After being castigated and corrected about my absolute lack of knowledge about rigging, I would like to apologize about offering any such advice, opinions, suggestions, or procedures.

Although I have had years of experience actually doing it, training programs, OJT schooling, union courses, in house courses, and HKU equivalency hours, it does not measure up to the vast amount of some of the members in this group. I know that people who have been in school longer than I have know much more than I, but I sometimes wonder why they can't even select the same color socks. Or recommend lifting with load bearing structural members. But I digress ...................

So, I defer to the know it alls. I know that it must be annoying to hear anything coming from outside one's brain when one knows it all, and I apologize again for trying to offer my invalid useless advice and opinions.

I shall continue to plod along in my own world. Devoid of omnipotence. Knowing only some things instead of all things. Not being all powerful and all knowing. I will, though, continue to correspond with those who, like me are not perfect or omnipotent. If that's okay, that is.

Maybe even form a new group. rec.crafts.metalworking.foraveragepeople

Or, perhaps the know it alls should form their own new group where they won't have to rub RedWings with the unwashed rabble.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hi Steve,

Since you've gone through the trouble of starting a new thread, and even though I feel the likelihood that you're referring to me and my comments is small, I'd like to confess I can sometimes sound like a "know it all".

This is, I'm sure, caused by my reluctance to offer advise of this type unless I feel I do, indeed, know it all, which is why you'll seldom find me giving out advise. It's all tied to a concern for other's safety which I'm sure you share.

So sharing these concerns, wouldn't you agree, if safety is the primary concern, that people should get the best advise available? I would think it only logical.

If you feel I've somehow stepped on your toes you could always try steel toes; works for me.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

"Gunner" wrote

Proverbs has some really good stuff in it. For me, it is one of the most instructional books I have ever read. Gives me some "silver bullets" I can take into every day life.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

Reply to
Don Foreman

ooooo!! I LIKE it!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Definitely a Keeper.

Anyone see the Non-Sequitar strip about teaching Norse mythology in schools?

scroll down a bit

Reply to
Rex B

ROFLMAO!!! Ive never seen that site before. Marvelous!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner