Wells Cargo type of trailer help?

Ive got the opportunity to trade some labor for a covered Wells Cargo type of trailer, in decent shape, about 5x8 feet. Last tagged in Florida , plates expired 12/01.

Purchased off Ebay in 2001, brought to Arizona, where it has sat since then holding rolls of old insulation....

Id like to use it for a work trailer...holding electrical Stuff, Plumbing supplies etc on job sites etc

Well made, light enough to pull behind the Ford Ranger

The big problem is its only 8' deep. Not long enough to hold a joint of conduit..something I really need to keep in it on job sites.

Anyone have any practical ideas about conduit storage Under the trailer? Id like to be able to keep 100' of 3/4" and 1" (or more) each safe and secure, without it getting nasty and rusty.

My big E350 van does a pretty good job of carrying everything I need on job sites..but at $4+ a gallon for gas now days...I hate to fire it up very much..seems that this covered trailer would be the ticket

Anyone living in Arizona know the procedure for getting a "trip ticket" for a trailer so I can haul it back to California?

I "could" haul my flatbed to Aridzona and haul the trailer back on it....cringe.....but a 850 mile round trip with first one..then two trailers is gonna eat into the wallet really bad....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I'm sure you have seen those big tubes on service vans with latching doors at each end.

Maybe a couple of those tubes. How about on a rack on your Ranger if the trailer does not work out for that.

The gas mileage will drop some on the Ranger pulling the trailer.

I don't know if a Ca driver can do it, but I know I can go to the Az DMV website, and buy and print a three day registration for a vehicle.

Looks like you can. It seems to me that you used to be able to do something like this in Kalifornia too.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

Doh! This is rec.crafts.metalworking.

Just make a box underneath that goes above the axle and all the way up under the tongue of the trailer. Leave enough room between the box and the axle so you can load the trailer without it hitting everytime yu hit a bump. If axle is on top of springs move it to the bottom of the springs to add a couple more inches of clearance.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

Gunner, California issues a trip ticket for $10. (3 years ago). You validate it yourself by filling in the date on the first day that you use it. I know many contractors that keep a dozen of these in their glove box instead of paying for tags on their trailers, backhoes etc. When I brought a vehicle up to Oregon I checked with Oregon DMV and they honored the California trip tickets. A year later, on my Oregon to California return trip with the truck, I again used a CA trip ticket. Cheaper than licensing the truck.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I drove my trailer around for about one month with a sign "license applied for". I was never stopped and never checked (IL). I did have the paperwork on the trailer, in the electrical box.

Ignoramus25501

Thanks!!!!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Regarding the conduit: You could make a 12" by 12" cross section extension in one upper corner long enough to take a 10'er.

Chuck P.

Reply to
Pilgrim