What can you create from uranium?

I have lots of uranium, want to build something.

Reply to
Shane D. Maudiss

License plates.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Reply to
David Billington

Very witty, I like that. Dick

Reply to
rhncue

I have several students whose brain matter density exceeds that uranium. I am sure that they are composed of inpenitranium!

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

Reply to
James P Crombie

Reply to
David Billington

I'll taks a few thousand pounds off your hands. If I could recast my keel bulb in lead and uranium I could increase my righting moment by

50%. :-)

Shane D. Maudiss wrote:

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Uranium makes great mass-balance weights for aircraft control surfaces; also used for amour piercing bullets.

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn

On 30 Nov 2003 11:58:17 -0800, shane_d snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Shane D. Maudiss) wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

Not a battleship, twerp. I suggest a trawler.

Now piss off.

(see rec.boats.building)

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured by man's. There would be nowhere to go. Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.

Reply to
Old Nick

yes, U oxide is very yellow

Dale

Search google for "uranium

Reply to
dalecue

Maybe you want to trade uranium for some plutonium?

'- )

"I say son, that's a joke son..." - Foghorn Leghorn

_-_-bear

"Shane D. Maudiss" wrote:

-- _-_- BEAR Labs - Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -

BEAR

It also increases your sinking moment by 50% ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Just take off twice as much of something half as dense and it will all be Ok... right?

"Simplify. Add lightness"

-- Joe, My appologies to Henry Ford

-- Joseph M. Krzeszewski Mechanical Engineering and stuff snipped-for-privacy@wpi.edu Jack of All Trades, Master of None... Yet

Reply to
jski

You replace twice as less with half as more and it all works out.

Fitch

Reply to
Fitch R. Williams

Sickly green, IMHO. Fluoresces brightly in UV.

There are also ceramic glazes with uranium, particularly the well-known bright orange Fiesta ware.

Friend of mine works in a local charity shop. A recent glass donation contained a lot of this "vaseline" glass. Around a third of it was the real UV-glowing very-slightly-radioactive stuff. If you looked in Eastern Europe you'd find even more of the stuff. Pre-war Czechoslovakia had a large decorative glass industry and local deposits of radioactive minerals - they made loads of the stuff.

-- Smert' spamionam

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Glow in the dark balls.