What do you call this?

I want to build a small dust collector head to go around the spindle of a
mill when it is routing wood and plastic. I envision a circular collector
connected to the 2-1/4" air hose that will clamp around the nose of the
spindle. What I need to attach around the bottom of the collector is a strip
of flexible bristle to surround and enclose the cutter. I've been looking
for this strip bristle but I don't even know what it might be called. Can
anyone help point me to a source or tell me the correct bane for what I'm
Reply to
Terry Mayhugh
Loading thread data ...
Weatherstripping? Sounds like the stuff on the inside channel of a sliding glass door.
Reply to
Gary Brady
Brush seal. See Mcmaster pp. 1132-1133.
For a wider selection:
formatting link
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Contact Printex in San Diego. They sell nylon bristle brush strips by the foot. It is used in the pad printing industry. It is perfect for your use.
Reply to
daniel peterman
Check out th' shop vac section in yer local big box chain store. Should be a bunch of replacement brush seals for various vacuum attachments. Cheap and a 20" long one will last ya a long time.
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.