What do you call this?

I want to build a small dust collector head to go around the spindle of a mill when it is routing wood and plastic. I envision a circular collector connected to the 2-1/4" air hose that will clamp around the nose of the spindle. What I need to attach around the bottom of the collector is a strip of flexible bristle to surround and enclose the cutter. I've been looking for this strip bristle but I don't even know what it might be called. Can anyone help point me to a source or tell me the correct bane for what I'm looking?

Reply to
Terry Mayhugh

Weatherstripping? Sounds like the stuff on the inside channel of a sliding glass door.

Reply to
Gary Brady

Brush seal. See Mcmaster pp. 1132-1133.

For a wider selection:

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Contact Printex in San Diego. They sell nylon bristle brush strips by the foot. It is used in the pad printing industry. It is perfect for your use.

Reply to
daniel peterman

Check out th' shop vac section in yer local big box chain store. Should be a bunch of replacement brush seals for various vacuum attachments. Cheap and a 20" long one will last ya a long time.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl