What glue for delrin?

What adhesive is the best for Delring?

Reply to
Alex

A strong PSA is the only thing that'll stick it, and it's not permanent. Only heat welding - which ain't easy on Delrin - will permanently affix two pieces. Short of that, consider conventional fasteners.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Depends on required strength and load orientation (shear, peel, etc¡K) Spray Loctite 770 (primer), let it dry. Other products are called ¡§Surface energy activators¡¨. If you have access to a plasma etcher, that is the way to go!

Then use the adhesive of choice (cyanoacrylates and epoxys are best).

Reply to
skuke

There's something called "Cyanopoxy" that claims to work. It includes a "primer" that presumably breaks up the chains near the surface so the glue has something to hang on to. A web search should turn up a source.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Sprinkle iron powder on one piece, put them together and tape them tightly and put them in the microwave for a bit.

k.o.

Reply to
knowone

Is this a gag or would this really work? Why?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

One method of welding plastic is to embed a piece of wire in the joint and then heat the wire from the outside with an induction coil (not that I've ever done this, but I've read about it). I don't know if a microwave would work or not.

Reply to
Ron Bean

It is pretty amazing Stuff.....

HTH

Jeff

Reply to
Never_Enough_Tools

Can't be amazing enough to have to register just to look. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

This is a situation often addressed by makers of billiard cues, ie glueing delrin to wood. A special glue is required - one vendor is "Atlas Billiard Supply" at

Martin

Reply to
Martin