What is awesome in German?

Den tings can totally go ta heck, eh?

Voice examples of the dramatic change in the various language when combined under pressure and 30 feet of snow.

Your welcome, eh?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Would they have less trouble talking if they kept more of their teeth?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Gosh, so understated, so stark. You have devalued yourself.

Reply to
JosephKK

Lackwit.

Reply to
JosephKK

Literally, "Wir konnen alles" comes out as "we know it all". Perhaps "we understand it all", "except high German". The mountain / plains dichotomy.

Reply to
JosephKK

Oh Damn. I seem to have mislaid much of the differences between konnen and vissen.

Reply to
JosephKK

And 'kennen'.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Combinations of letters to make new sounds are common im many languages. Modern Greeks call the letter we call " delta" "thelta" as in "then". Theta makes the sound in "thin". Representing the initial sound in "double" is done with a diglyph that I forget. The sound 'b' as in beer is rendered with mu/pi/

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

A flintlock uses flint to make a spark. A matchlock uses a smoldering match (slow fuse) to set off the powder. A cap lock uses percussion caps. The lock consists of the moving parts of any muzzle loader. The skills needed to make one are those of any locksmith.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

Jerry Avins schrieb:

[...]

IIRC nu/tau (nt = d).

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Thank you. I'm prone to forgetting arbitrary things I don't use much.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

The word is being rapidly debased. We were at the In-n-Out in Auburn this afternoon, and the guy ahead of me ordered a #3 (Burger, fries, drink) and the counter lady said "Awesome!"

A #3 is awesome? Good, but not awesome. The burger at Zuni is awesome.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Obviously, you have to get one of these.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Or is that we are the kings of everything? >8*)

Reply to
JosephKK

That's only around 60 X 60 by a quick guesstimation - 70, tops. You'd need help with that one, or a few days. (I suggest refrigeration.)

Just give me a #2 combo, Single Cheeseburger with grilled onions, thanks. It's still plenty awesome.

A waist is a terrible thing to mind... ;-P

They have all the stuff to make them, why no side salads? It would be a good use for the tomato "ends"- rather than toss them, dice them.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman