What is cast iron?

Heh!

I doubt that concept would stand up to a blindfold test. Few, if any, could distinguish, from taste, how anything was cooked. The skill and techniques of a cook make the difference in most cases----

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I had an old Leroi 105 gasoline air compressor that had a broken manifold. I welded it with my mig using mild steel wire. I just stepped around the pipe doing a quarter inch at a time and beating the weld while it cooled. Then I went to the other side of the pipe and did the same thing. Like someone else said you cant let the thing get hot by doing a long continous weld. I had that compressor for over 10 years and the pipe never let go, and that was with the muffler hanging horizontally from the top of it.

That Leroi only showed a poung or two of oil pressure when it got warm but it ran and ran and ran. It did burn a lot of gas.

John

Reply to
john

Its Wabbit season! ;-)