What is it - "Packer Ratchet" ?

I have one of these, it's called a Packer Ratchet. I found one on ebay, look at item number 6100661612. Mine is almost identical except is has a square head bolt coming out of the left side as pictured on ebay. The other side features a square hole that is tapered similar to an brace bit only bigger than any I've seen before. A Google search came up with zip except for old ebay listings referring to RR equipment. It ratchets in only one direction, no way of switching it that I can see. What are they used for?

Lane

Reply to
Lane