What is it? Set 526

I need some help with 3067 and 3070 in this set:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

3071 is an adjustable hole cutter for a brace-and-bit type drill. That looks to have a much easier to use clamp than the one I had. As ever, several of the others look horribly familiar but I've no idea what they are.
Reply to
Dr Nick

Someone just sent me the photos at the link below, I don't plan on posting them on the site but maybe someone here can identify it. The owner said that it appears that the tip is broken.

Rob H.

Correct, these are used for cutting gaskets. The person who sent the photo would like to know why there is only one blade on this tool when typically gasket cutters have two blades as seen at the link below.

Rob H.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Rob H. fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

3068 looks to be an old WECO telephone transfer relay. Not the rotary stepper sort, but just a multi-pole double-throw type. 3069 is obviously a belt-hung 22-cal ammunition dispensor -- ostensibly for the breech-break guys. (I have one, Savage O/U 22/.410, my original 50's model)
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Rob H. fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

I take back my WECO comment. 3068 is a railroad crossing signal relay.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I disagree - I think it's one of these rather than a gasket cutter.

Dr Nick

Rob H. fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

3067 is obviously a scissor-style shear for flat material that can be accessed at one free end. The thing won't fit OVER anything! No idea what material, but it's got to be tough stuff for all that compound leverage! 3071 the 'original' AlPax gasket cutter

3072 a fence wire stretcher (for barbed wire; but can be used for smooth wire by bending)

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

3067, special purpose crimper of some kind? 3068, visual demo of an electrical relay 3069, belt carried doodad of some kind? 3070, sharpening stone? 3071, marking device, for scribing a line a certain distance from edge of a board 3072, a very nicely made device, but not sure what purpose.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mechanical pencil with far too much "lead" showing?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

3070 is a cribbage board minus the pegs . Many have a sliding bottom covering a compartment to store the pegs .
Reply to
Snag

Obviously, you do not play cribbage. Either that or you only have time for a VERY short game

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

3069 is a dispenser for .22 caliber shells. Load them in and then twist the knob to dispense any number of shells - one at a time - from the bottom slot.
Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Wood-Or-Plastic-91-3937

The seller had claimed it was for cutting gaskets but I think you are probably correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, it's a DC relay.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, text on it says "Type K D.C. Relay, General Railway Signal Company"

Reply to
Rob H.

3067. Specifically a "Metal Lumber" cutter for cutting the metal angle iron that is used for building warehouse style storage in combination with 2x4's and plywood for the storage surfaces.

Typically the opposites side has a flat surface perpendicular to the blade with an indexing pin to align the holes in the "metal lumber" so that when you cut the material the pieces can be made the exact same distance with out measuring.

The link shows the cutter with a piece of metal lumber on the opposites side.

$T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc3nCBRRpiz2svQ~~60_35.JPG

I have cut and built hundreds of bins using the is cutter.

Reply to
Leon

I sent the owner an email asking if there was any text on it but haven't heard back yet.

Could be, I have found a couple of gasket cutters with just one blade, so I can't decide if it's a gasket cutter, hole cutter, or both.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.