What is it? Set 515

I need some help with 3004 and 3005 in this set:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.

3001, not much clue. Can of welding rods? 3002, maybe a string cutter a butcher would carry on one finger? 3003, the top V shaped thing might be a corn crib. The round lower picture is probably a roll for holding "tootsie roll" hay bales. 3004, maybe a horse shoe for a deformed horse? 3005, no clue. 3006, wood chisel?

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I thought 3002 looked like something that could grip something flat like the edge of some canvas or leather if you wanted to stretch it out for gluing or stitching?

Sail making? Saddlery? Bris....?

Reply to
Glenn B
3001: Industrial fuse? 3002: cigar cutter? 3003: Hay bins / animal feeders 3004: Horseshoe hole pattern? 3005: presses, but for what? 3006: gouge, wood working?

Reply to
mungedaddress

It's difficult to tell from the photo but those are twigs in the cylinder.

This is partially correct, it _is_ a chisel but it's for a specific use.

Reply to
Rob H.

Well, I guess I don't really have an answer for this one either, the tool looks like a wire puller but those are usually more heavy duty, so maybe you're correct about it being for canvas or leather.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

The owner said that one of the words on it appears to say Fergus

Reply to
Rob H.

3001- holds and dispenses short pieces of wire for some purpose, probably t ying something to something. Supposed to be carried and used, not sure what pieces of wire like that would be used for in fencing or agricultural stuf f, too long for most purposes and too short for many uses... 3002- grabs some type of sheet material or fabric, and hooks over the edge of the table to hold it stretched. 3003- the round one I think I have seen set flat and filled with hay/feed, or maybe used as a small portable pen. 3004- so... damn... familiar...

3005

3006
Reply to
spamTHISbrp

It's called a mortise chisel. The extra thickness and straight sides keep it straight when chiseling out deep square pockets.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman
\

Mortise chisel is correct

Reply to
Rob H.

3003 - Amish Amusement Park rides.
Reply to
willshak

3001 looks like a holder for tip cleaners for a guy who's using a big torch with the same-sized tip all day long (like a high iron weldor). 3002 a lanyard safety release of some kind

3003 cattle feeders... all over this area.

3004 I believe that's a hold-fast for roofing safety harnesses. To be nailed to a surface or beam through all the small holes, typically on the opposite side of the roof, with the 'tang' (larger holes) sticking out above the ridge.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Den 17-10-2013 10:02, Rob H. skrev:

3001: Ties for tieing rebar together?
Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Uffe Bærentsen fired this volley in news:52605a83$0$6979$ snipped-for-privacy@dtext01.news.tele.dk:

yup... could be! Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

They aren't for rebar, they are for use with something not man made

Reply to
Rob H.

#001 ties for grape vines. WW

Reply to
WW

Rob H. fired this volley in news:l3pqh902fg1 @drn.newsguy.com:

Vine ties? Maybe for grapevines or tomato plants?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Good answer, as Lloyd also guessed, grape vines is correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Also known as a 'pig sticker'.

Reply to
Nick

Tough set this week, no luck on the unidentified items, the answers for the rest have been posted here:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.