What The Heck is - Nano Super Micro Grain ?

Ok, the obvious answer is its got a smaller metal grain size than super micro grain or micro grain, but how does that translate to relative
usability as a cutter?
Is it a carbide with greater "toughness" than regular micro grain carbide?
Is it just marketing hype?
/A>...</DIV> <DIV>Ok, the obvious answer is its got a smaller metal grain size than super <BR>micro grain or micro grain, but how does that translate to relative <BR>usability as a cutter?<BR><BR>Is it a carbide with greater "toughness" than regular micro grain carbide?<BR><BR>Is it just marketing hype? </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A href="http://www.kyoceraprecisiontools.com/indexable/pdf/Small_Tools_Ca talog_Section_A_Insert_Grades.pdf">http://www.kyoceraprecisiontools.com/i= ndexable/pdf/Small_Tools_Catalog_Section_A_Insert_Grades.pdf</A></FONT></= DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Higher Hardness.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Best Regards</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Tom.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
On 6/14/2018 1:18 PM, Howard Beel wrote:

Well, I did a search for the term in that document and it doesn't seem to show up anywhere. I'm not fond of Kyocera customer service anyway, although the end mills are decent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs3uYLWpDYU

I found the reference on page 13. Its a cermet insert, for some reason i missed that until i reread the poop sheet. Obviously not carbide.
Email kennametal with your question ?
Best Regards Tom.
https://www.avg.com
"Howard Beel" wrote in message

I found the reference on page 13. Its a cermet insert, for some reason i missed that until i reread the poop sheet. Obviously not carbide.
Email kennametal with your question ?
Best Regards Tom.
Actually I received information about end mills with that designation. The mfg's site didn't seem to tell me what the real world performance significance would be to me. Hence why I thought it might just be hype.

Ask them for a evaluation sample, worst thing is they say no. Contact your local manufactures rep, they are usually pretty good at giving out samples.
Best Regards Tom.
https://www.avg.com