What The Heck is - Nano Super Micro Grain ?

Ok, the obvious answer is its got a smaller metal grain size than super micro grain or micro grain, but how does that translate to relative usability as a cutter?

Is it a carbide with greater "toughness" than regular micro grain carbide?

Is it just marketing hype?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Is it a carbide with greater "toughness" than regular micro grain = carbide?

Is it just marketing hype?=20

=

Higher Hardness.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

Well, I did a search for the term in that document and it doesn't seem to show up anywhere. I'm not fond of Kyocera customer service anyway, although the end mills are decent.

Bob La Londe

I found the reference on page 13. Its a cermet insert, for some reason i missed that until i reread the poop sheet. Obviously not carbide.

Email kennametal with your question ?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

I found the reference on page 13. Its a cermet insert, for some reason i missed that until i reread the poop sheet. Obviously not carbide.

Email kennametal with your question ?

Best Regards Tom.

Actually I received information about end mills with that designation. The mfg's site didn't seem to tell me what the real world performance significance would be to me. Hence why I thought it might just be hype.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ask them for a evaluation sample, worst thing is they say no. Contact your local manufactures rep, they are usually pretty good at giving out samples.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel