What type of constuction is this?

I am wanting to build a 24x30 or so garage. I am wanting to do this cheaply. One time I read about a construction method where posts are used then regular stick framing on top of that. But I cant remember what the technique is called.

Is this a good way to go or is the traditional pole barn better. I will be doing this entirely myself.

Any advice.

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

I think you are just describing a modified pole barn in your first. If the ground freezes where you are at either would probably be cheapest. If not then slab with footing and steel, and pick the building style of your choice. If finished interior wood frame or metal stud. If unfinished then butler I beam construction... also, my dad recently put up a stressed sheet metal building that doesn't seem to have any steel structural except in the end caps. He said it was the cheapest for his application. Again the ground does not freeze here.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Check insurance policy and local building codes before building a wooden garage...

Not permitted on this side of the pond!

Mark Rand (in the UK) RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I believe it is called "post and beam".

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.