Framing

I am thinking of building a storage buildong and remember coming
across one time a different way of doing it. It seemed someone used
posts as in a pole barn, but they were cut off short and a mudsill was
attached to the posts Conventional stick framing was used on top of
the mudsill. Do any of you know what this type of building is called?
I like the idea of stick framing and it would be a way to have it
without having to pour a footer or slab.
Reply to
stryped