Where to find dust mask?

I have seen some guys at work that wear a particular type of dust mask. They are high quality and made out of a neoprene shell. They have a cloth filter, and two small exhaust ports. They have a velcro closure in back on the strap that goes around the neck. They cover the mouth and nose, coming up to about where your glasses rest on your nose. They are kind of diamond shaped.

I have searched Google and entered every keyword I can think of. Someone makes them. Someone sells them. Can anyone here help lead me to a seller?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Grant Erwin

I thought of that.

Um.

The guys at work say Ray sells them for $25 each. I figure Ray is making money, and so I figure I might be able to buy them for less.

Um.

Ray has taken some time off to go to San Diego for a few weeks.

Um.

I don't have Ray's phone number in San Diego.

Um.

I have Google, and I read this newsgroup.

Um.

I thought someone here might be able to help me so I don't have to wait for Ray to get back.

Thanks.

Um ................... Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I used to use one that resembled what you described. It was a product marketed by Wilson (same people that marketed the old tempered glass safety glasses).. I used it for years until the filter restraint broke off one end, at which time I bought a different type, one that uses cartridges and are capable of filtering some pretty nasty chemical stuff along with just plain old dust. I think you'll have better luck looking if you'll check for "respirators" instead of dust masks. A quality item isn't going to be cheap, I seem to recall paying more than $25 for one, but it's been lots of years ago and I now don't have a clue. (Funny, some folks think I don't have a clue, matters not what I'm talking about! )

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

try

Abrasha

Abrasha

Something similar is sold by my local Car Quest auto parts for around $20 for painting. These units are considered disposable after a certain time of use. They might also have it for dusts, or filters for same.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Thanks. Have a CarQuest close, and will look.

What I am looking for looks just like a neoprene ski mask. It just has a cloth filter in it, and two small white exhaust ports. I drive fork lift, so just need it for the dust, and not any really nasty chemicals.

Will continue searching, and go to Car Quest. Will let everyone know when I do find one. Or Ray gets back from San Diego, whichever comes first.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You should be prepared to try more than one mask to get the right fit. I had mine fitted by our Safety guy at my last job. Only the North mask fit my face properly. Other brands fit other faces. Find a brand you like and stick with it as long as they keep the same mask shape.

Reply to
Hitch

I have a U.S. Safety mask that uses two canister filters with dust filter caps on them. I got the silicone rubber model as neoprene seems to bother me. Also, I have asthma and react unfavourably to mold, grass cutting, some solvents and ozone from my plama cutter and TIG welder.

I have found it impossible to even smell any of the above when wearing it. It is the easiest breathing mask I ever tried and that matters with compromised breathing. The dust filters are cheap but last well. The filters are more expensive but I keep my mask bagged in two poly bags when not in use. This keeps it from gradually picking up stray vapours in the shop. At least it appears to since I haven't replaced the canister filters in a couple of years. How do I know they are still good? If I remove the mask to scratch my nose, I can smell what the filters were absorbing. When I put the mask back on the smell is gone.

I cut away part of my welding helmet so I can wear it with the mask.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

here might be able to help me ...

Surely Ray doesn't remove the brand name when he sells them? They might even have a model number on them. I would take a look at one of them. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Sounds like the Dustfoe. Try Googling on that, or have a look at Highland Hardware's catalog description of it.

Henry Bibb

Reply to
Henry Bibb