Anyone know where to find welding jackets in womens sizes?

I bought a small pigskin leather jacket for doing overhead and of
course I had to cut the sleeves and the shoulders are too big. I
searched the internet and went to the local welding supply store and
cannot find small sizes that fit. When the mens small fits my chest
the arms and shoulders are ridiculously long. Am I going to have to
keep up cutting the sleeves or is there something out there someone
know of? Thanks for any help, Kim
Reply to
subunitzero
I wear a small, and the sleeves are way to long, I just tuckem in the gloves. Of course I don't weld for a living, and don't do overhead work, so maybe this is why it doesn't bother me. Doug
Reply to
Douglas R. Probst
I have a leather cape with sleeves that works quite well for me. Mine also has the attached apron. I got mine on e-bay but here is a link to an example. I am in no way promoting this vendor. Just an example of the product.

bitternut
I would check
they seem to have about everything else. Rosscoe
Reply to
Rosscoe
Kim, Your going to laugh at this suggestion but here goes.
Visit your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. I have a leather jacket that looks like a "real" welders jacket. It was left by my brothers roommate. I assumed it was a real welders jacket until he came by one day when we were welding and noted that it was a "sharp looking" dinner jacket in its day. (70's).
Nice tight sleeves, decently thick suede leather and decent neck protection. I'm 5'11" and 165 so I'm not the "typical" welder in size either.
Bart
Reply to
Bart D. Hull
i do comercial sail repair and heavy duty sewing; have been looking foward to using the kevlar thread i had picked up for finishing off some heat shields.... seems like a custom fit wouldn't be such a bad thing anyway; how many jackets do you go through in a year or so?
Reply to
the dog barked and
This sounds like the best suggestion so far :) I had thought about making one myself but considering the lack in sewing skills. So since you do commercial heavy duty sewing, how good of a seamstress does that make you? I dont go through them quickly the duralite pigskin is nice and will last some time, its just so bulky on me that it is uncomfortable to weld in sometimes. I tend to get some nice little hot ones down the neck of it. mens necks are apparently a bit bigger than womens. anyway not sure how to measure properly. I am 5'3" and 124 lbs. so even the mens small is usually not proportioned right, it wouldnt take that much material but i dont have a clue how much fire resistant or different leather costs. Kim
Reply to
subunitzero
would most probably consider myself a seamster; can easily custom fit gloves, capes, leggings, jackets, etc. you got to have a heavy duty machine and some patience: as with most crafts (welding included) it's all about the layout. would be exceedingly easy if you were here in your jacket for that; otherwise you might have someone draw the cut lines on with chalk (leave me 1/2" per side "selvage") and send it over....
Reply to
the dog barked and