Does anyone know where to find info on US Industrial Tool FDP12 drill press

I have acquired a 1983 model FDP12 drill press with a tag stating US Industrial Tools. It has a serial number of 33189. I have searched the internet and I can't seem to find anything on this company. I am looking for a parts diagram for this drill press. Any help with a web link of any kind to find it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Todd

Well "US Industrial Tools" sounds like the kind of bogus "manufacturer" name that importers put on their tools.

You already have a pretty good idea what it looks like. Try going to Harbor Freight or Grizzly, look for something with about the same specs (measure the distance from the center of the spindle to the column and double that for the "size", check for numbers of speeds (presaumably one or two belts, with a corresponding two or three pulleys, and then download the manual for the closest match. Mine, from Taiwan from about 1976/1977 still looks much like the current ones, other than fancy plastic trim over the switches and things like that, which really don't matter.

This will get you most of what you need, at least.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

938-4564

You are correct on the import. It was manufactured in Taiwan. I will compare it to the ones Harbor Freight has and go from there. Thanks very much Don for the response.

Reply to
Todd