Anyone in Germany know where to find.....

A WW2 German camo winter reversable jacket, not a repro like on ebay...really want one.

taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply to
Jules

My friend does have an original spotted cammo SS top and bottom set (non winter) for sale. Be prepared to part with some $$$ tho.......

Reply to
Allan Mayer

Barring a friendly hookup from someone in RMS or an extremely lucky find...

... that's likely not going to be cheap. Originals are pricey and quality repros aren't small change either. Counterfeits being passed as originals are yet another problem, if not THE problem. Unless you've got an absolute hard on for a winter jacket that one of Adolf's soldaten actually stomped around in, the way to go is to find a postwar wintertarnanzug made for the Bundeswehr, the Czechs, the DDR, etc - that in all likelihood, will be a close derivative of one of the wartime German camo patterns.

Look hard enough and you'll possibly turn up something that is so close only your wallet and the experten will know the difference. Of course every day that goes by means even the postwar stuff is getting more and more expensive - especially if it can be altered and passed for vintage WWII issue.

If all else fails, a German jacket in modern flecktarn camo is pretty spiffy - and easier to come by. They've been issuing it for about twenty years now so there's plenty to choose from and a wide price range.

I'd fancy one myself - just to see the strange looks it would bring next week when I ride in the Toy for Tots Bike Run.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

has to be the winter heavy reversable..... set my heart on it, theres a girl in Germany whos mad on me, and asked her if she could find me one.

I actually want one to use in winters, esp in Germany

Reply to
Jules

You do realize that these things go for several thousand dollars ??

The collectors market for these items is great worldwide. To the point it would be far easier for you to get a quality replica. The cammo smock my friend has goes for well over $2000 alone. He specializes in collecting WW II uniforms, and has over 1,000 of them alone from all sides. He spends a lot of time in preservation mode. The German WW II stuff is highly sought after in the USA.

And it also might occur to you that it might not be the greatest idea if ya got one to be wearing it over there ?? Hate to say it, but I think either you are just joking here, or, you are none to bright. The old folk over there already know what one of these jackets look like. You don't have to remind them...

But a winter reversible jacket over here (USA) will set you back around $1500 (original)

Reply to
Allan Mayer

Well that price range has put me right out of getting a genuine one then...

My ex's grandfather gave me some of his WW2 stuff, and i wear it, also the NVA jackt of his, almost daily...worn them on a few last trips.

I really want a a thick winter one cos when im there in winters, its friggin cold, and i cant think of owt better to wear....i cant see the the problem of wearing one, even a replica, cos history is history, and nowts gonna change that.

Reply to
Jules

Have a DDR summer light one.....

dont like em, seen em, got to be WW2

Well replica it is then....this is the number 160043012541

I havea DDR light jacket, genuine, wear it daily....now just want a WW2 winter one.

Jules

Hate to say this, but modern winter gear just blows away older gear. It is a great difference.

You would be better off getting a modern winter jacket than trying to find what you want. And you will be warmer as well. BTW, a good replica will set you back around $200 Like I said, this stuff is that popular...

I do have a heavy winter officers coat worn by a general who flew 77 missions in B 17's over Europe. (wasnt a gen back then, and 7 more till shot down at Midway beforehand) This I never wear anymore.

I wear a London Fog parka that is awesome. Salvation Army, $15.00.......

I just got this mac G4 off craigslist, $100 :) (hey a deals a deal !)

I love history too, but I do have a life in the modern (ie; real time) world that is more important Staying warm in winter takes precedence to other interests, sorry.

Reply to
Allan Mayer

Ah, good points.....i thought a replica of a thick winter jacket would be good, ok it aint ruskie but thought it would be upto the job....

good deal on the G4 ;-)

Reply to
Jules

Ach! Noch einander Schatzi! :)