Where to find springy metal strips?

I have a project that requires a few strips of springy metal about half inch
wide by 12 inch long.
The same black metal used to make metal binder clips would be perfect:

Any idea where to buy such material?
Reply to
james
-- Winston
Reply to
Winston
Pallet strapping. Gotta be in a hundred dumpsters in your area, or uline.com if you must buy it.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
p://
Hacksaw blades???
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
I'll second that -- that's exactly what I used when faced with a similar need recently.
Reply to
Doug Miller
Feeler gauge stock is .001 thru .125 thick, 1/2" wide, and comes in 12" lengths and long rolls. See McMaster p.2273
Reply to
Ned Simmons
There's meters of such metal inside every brokedown tape measure (of the spring-rewind type).
Reply to
whit3rd
a.k.a. "negator spring"
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Dull band saw blades. Takes very little time to grind the teeth off. Many of the guys here have the 4 X 6 bandsaws that take a 1/2" wide, .025" thick blade that is 64 1/2" long. The banding material discussed by others will stay bent if stressed very far. These band saw blades are a lot closer to to a "spring", I'd say.
You could probably go to any fab shop and ask politely for a used, dull band saw blade. The commercial ones are wider and thicker, but there is often a small band saw someplace around.
james wrote:
Reply to
spaco