New from MIT's labs: RoboClam

Yes, a robotic clam. Don't ask. It may be the animal least likely to be emulated with robotics:

Ed Huntress

Sheesh. A sensible response. Be still, my heart...

Yeah, if you find that interesting, you have the mind of a true engineer. I thought the video was very interesting, if a little weird. And, yes, they may well come up with something useful as a result of their work.

It's just a little jarring. I used to dig the darned things with my toes and toss them into a floating bucket. We joked about keeping them as pets. When I first saw the headline, all I could think of was a robot that slammed its doors shut. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress