Scissors platform - Know where to find source?

I'm trying to locate a scissors platform that extends up to at least 2 feet in height, but collapse to under 4 inches. Something like a lab jack (see
http://www.labdepotinc.com/files/products/Supplies/35080lg.jpg ) It only needs to hold a pound on the platform. Might you know where I can find such a component?
April wrote:

Any reason you can't put a motor on a lab jack?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Because I'm not trying to create a robotic device. I'm trying to jury-rig a method of manually raising and lowering a camera inside an automobile, mounting the device to the center console.
April
April wrote:

so all you need is the lab jack?
http://www.labdepotinc.com/Product_Details~id~334~pid~12639.aspx
Fulliautomatix wrote:

You can combine two of those to get the desired height, or you can simply build one yourself with a handfull of screws and some cheap tubing.
April wrote:

Have you considered a Manfrotto articulated camera mount 196B-2 or 2929 or 2930 with a clamp mount 2915? Very versatile combination. Should be able to find _something_ to clamp it onto. If not, Manfrotto also has various purpose-made automotive mounts.