which aluminum to use for clamp?

Tkake a look.....

Pete

Reply to
Pete Logghe

Was that creton an engineer from Illinois?

Maybe its the same guy I want to kill. Well maim. :)

Bing

Reply to
Bing

and I can tell you that Cessna gear is quite stout, having bounced a few landings myself...

Reply to
Erie Patsellis

Of course true Cessna gear is steel, and well designed. I haven't heard how the aluminum gear holds up. Considering how many high priced homebuilts are being built I'm wondering why no one's making titanium gear for them yet, and opportunity for someone?

Reply to
Glen

Yeah, well, I was thinking of very high end aircraft, and aircraft where weight saved is a boost in performance, as in aerobatics. The thing to do would be to have the work done where Ti is cheap, Russia, which is also where titanium landing gear are somewhat common. I wouldn't like to think of the difficulties in business dealings with Russians though. A place in Portland was buying Yak 55's and swapping the instruments for human ones, and would pay ahead for each airplane. Last time I asked about it they told me the Russians had stiffed them the $30K for the next airplane, and phone conversations degenerated into dares and taunts of "Let's see what you can do about it"! There were some kind of mafia implications slithering below the surface I think.

Reply to
Glen