which tapping head to buy

Except for the fact that the Procunier tappers also work great on drillpresses. That's how I run mine!

My rule is, if it's more than two holes, I save time by putting the procunier into the chuck.

Jim

jim rozen

I had one of those apart and as I recall it the radial runout between the driving spindle and the tap in the tapping head is designed in and intentional. Sort of like a floating reamer holder. That may be intended to allow for minor misalignments and avoid tap breakage.

I don't disagree with the comments that the Procunier is a better tapping head though.

Reply to
Jack Erbes