Wiring Phase-a-Matic to Bridgeport

Hi,

I have wired a Heavy Duty Phase-a-Matic 1-3hp to my Bridgeport 1J 1hp motor. I want to make sure that I have done this correctly before I plug er' in. I have a 220v 1phase outlet and am using a 30 amp three prong plug at one end of a 35' foot cord. The other end is wired thus:

Not used | A | B | C | Inside Phase-a-Matic (G) W B From wall outlet (G,O) W R B From motor

W=White R=Red B=Black G=Green O=Orange

There is no ground connected? And the orange wire from the motor is for?

I have ordered a VFD AC Tech 1hp SF210Y with remote that should be here sometime this week and will install this and remove the phase-a- matic. My question on the VFD is that I have no way at this time to hard wire this into the 220 outlet and will use the 35' cord and plug to plug it in. Will plugging and unplugging the VFD be the wrong thing to do? I appreciate all the help given here.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Putting a detachable linecord on the input of the VFD should be no problem at all. I have them on my lathe and mill and have had no issues.

Just be sure that the VFD output is hardwired to the motor.

Reply to
Jim Stewart