Wow the 2 lathes I bought are consecutive #

I bought 2 Sheldon lathes 10" swing 46" bed, I got the second home tonight and they are #s 25440 and 25441 they must have been bought together. The lathes came from a school and look like they have sat for a long time. Both lathes screws have almost no backlash, the beds show no ridge at all and all the cranks are tight. They both look like hell with many layers of paint removing itself from the lathe. I was a no fun bringing the lathe home in peasoup think fog/drizzly. I gave it a good bath in spray oil before leaving, wiped it down when I got home and gave it another bath in thin oil.

Reply to
wayne mak

I like tight in more ways than one. Let us know how they work out for you when you get thru the crud (paint) and get to playing with them. Bill.

Reply to
lathenut