WTB: High pressure pump

See my thread on gundrilling.
Gundrills are cheap on eBay. Found the size i needed the first day and
bought two. I'll get a couple more real cheapos for practice.
Turns out coolant is fine for gundrilling. I need high pressure, 400
PSI min. Haven't found GPM rquirements, can't belive its more than 5
GPM. This will be the hard part to find. Anybody have something like
this?
I'm thinking of trying the pump out of an old car wash. I know where a
scrap one is laying around. Other ideas for a cheap skate?
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Log splitter, power steering, pressure washer?
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
Cheap electric pressure washer, add pressure gauge and adjust it's regulator as needed to get the pressure you want at the flow you get through the tooling.
Reply to
Pete C.
High pressure pumps are find-able. Look on eBay for "Fluid-O-Tech" items, for instance. It might be useful to find a coolant/lubricant that works with lower pressure (200 psi is acceptable for vane pumps).
Reply to
whit3rd
An old power steering pump might hold together long enough for a farmer (:
Karl Townsend wrote:
Reply to
Jim Stewart