Subject Author Posted Replies

Dammit !
I helped a neighbor today , replacing the upper ball joint and a-frame bushings on his '05 Chevy truck . Too bad I didn't realize that spacer sleeve was too short ... and I bent the threaded part of...
2
2

Stripper Disc: Getting More First Minutes Out of A Flap Disc
13
13

Getting More First Minutes Out of A Flap Disc
Yesterday I found myself cleaning up a bit of square tube in preparation for welding and later paint. It was outside, but in SW Arizona, that just means it has developed a small amount of protective...
24
24

OT: Thunderbird
I do miss the old Outlook Express newsreader, but Thunderbird has proven to have its own features of value. The ability to write rules and sort emails of course is very useful as is the ability to...

Making Molds On a POS Manual Mini Mill
I sold my first injection molds made on a tiny Taig CNC milling machine. Compared to a half million dollar Haas mold maker it too was a POS. In the spirit of paying it forward I am working on a video...
44
44

Trading Money For Time
Jim Wilkins said something along these lines. I don't have the option to trade money for time. In business it can very much make a huge difference. It takes money to make money. AND Time is money....
3
3

A Different Path
I've talked about my time with the phone company before so I won't cover that again here. I will talk about other work experience. Its kind of how I wound up in the career where I spent most of my...
3
3

Truck progress
The truck has a motor again ! Last Wednesday I bolted the trans up in place , Thursday I dropped the motor in . I still have a ways to go hooking up all the wiring , vacuum hoses , dist and carb and...
2
2

crock of .... moment welding
Hi all Is this a UK only thing? Had a moment where I thought "This is a crock of ...." and left questioning whether ever worth coming back to welding work. This is a general situation - don't construe...
54
54

Gunner
I just received a message from Gunner on Linkedin, so he's still kicking.
2
2

For those who remember, Iggy is apparently alive and well and writing on substack
In the past Iggy was a frequent contributor here with lots of stories about his growing scrap business and other topics, but like so many others drifted away. I just found him on substack at
3
3

Slip Roll Hinge
Many years ago I looked at an aluminum body motorcycle trailer. It was at a run or a show. I don't recall exactly. There was a top hinged door that used no bolt/weld/rivet on hinge. One of the panels...
8
8

FRACK!
FRACK!!! FRACK! FRACK! FRACK! Mother fracking fracking frack!!! We have cancelled your order for the XXXXX XXX (000000000) because we are no longer able to fulfill it due to supply chain disruptions....

Need fabricator to build 5' Dia 1 to 2 inch steel circles
My project is to build one or two round bale horse feeders. These hay feeders will be loaded with rolls of hay 5 feet in Dia and 4 feet tall. I have not been able to locate the 5' rings so far and...
3
3

Need fabricator to build 5' Dia 1 to 2 inch steel circles
My project is to build one or two round bale horse feeders. These hay feeders will be loaded with rolls of hay 5 feet in Dia and 4 feet tall. I have not been able to locate the 5' rings so far and...
4
4