316L source

Anyone know a source of 316L stainless? I'm looking for maybe 6 inches of 40 mm dia.

And I'm nearly-but-not-quite skint :^( , so it can't be too expensive.

Ta,

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

I may have some offcuts of 2" 316, is that any help?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Thanks very much, but it has to be 316L.

It will be machined, assembled and then diffusion brazed - I can't make the finished pump in one piece, and it's too small to bolt bits together - and apparently cementite forms on the grain boundaries during the diffusion brazing unless it's 316L. Or something.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

together - and

diffusion

Peter,

A quick google reveals your secret - that the main use for 316L is for making body piercings ! But the mind boggles what you are doing at

40mm diameter

. . . pumps indeed !

AWEM

Reply to