Spring wire

Hope someone can help me out with a supplier recommendation.
I'm looking for some 16swg and/or 18swg spring wire (aka piano wire)
that can be turned into a single turn spring for the VDH I'm knocking up.
My normal suppliers have turned up blank on this one, anybody know of a source?
--
Duncan Munro
http://www.duncanamps.co.uk/metal /

Almost any model aircraft shop - used for undercarriage gear.
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:25:39 +0100, Duncan Munro

Piano repairers?
Regards, Tony
Duncan Munro wrote:

up.
J A Crew (www.jacrew.net) sells a range of gauges of piano wire (including 18 swg)in small quantities.
Mike
One metre lengths of piano wire from 0.010" diameter upwards are available from music shops which sell guitar strings.
Regards, Ken Beardsell

Duncan Munro wrote:

Thanks for all the replies and advice, much appreciated. I've placed an order with J.A. Crew for some different sizes so it's all sorted now.