Spring wire

Hope someone can help me out with a supplier recommendation.

I'm looking for some 16swg and/or 18swg spring wire (aka piano wire) that can be turned into a single turn spring for the VDH I'm knocking up.

My normal suppliers have turned up blank on this one, anybody know of a source?

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Almost any model aircraft shop - used for undercarriage gear.

Reply to
Henry Springer

Piano repairers?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

J A Crew

sells a range of gauges of piano wire (including 18 swg)in small quantities.

Mike

Reply to
mike.crossfield

One metre lengths of piano wire from 0.010" diameter upwards are available from music shops which sell guitar strings.

Regards, Ken Beardsell

Reply to
Ken & Chris Beardsell

Thanks for all the replies and advice, much appreciated. I've placed an order with J.A. Crew for some different sizes so it's all sorted now.

Reply to
Duncan Munro