Spring wire

Hope someone can help me out with a supplier recommendation.
I'm looking for some 16swg and/or 18swg spring wire (aka piano wire)
that can be turned into a single turn spring for the VDH I'm knocking up.
My normal suppliers have turned up blank on this one, anybody know of a
Reply to
Duncan Munro
Loading thread data ...
Almost any model aircraft shop - used for undercarriage gear.
Reply to
Henry Springer
Piano repairers?
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
J A Crew
formatting link
sells a range of gauges of piano wire (including 18 swg)in small quantities.
Reply to
One metre lengths of piano wire from 0.010" diameter upwards are available from music shops which sell guitar strings.
Regards, Ken Beardsell
Reply to
Ken & Chris Beardsell
Thanks for all the replies and advice, much appreciated. I've placed an order with J.A. Crew for some different sizes so it's all sorted now.
Reply to
Duncan Munro

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.