8 kg end mill?

Just shows you need to watch out for postage charges on eBay.

I was just thinking of bidding on a nice-looking new 15 mm LS end mill - opening bid 0.99p and no offers - when I noticed the postage charge of £14.99!

Looked up the Royal mail website and find you could post an 8kg parcel and still have change from that to cover your wrappings. Now I see why no offers!

Will be interested to see if anyone falls for it - and his rather smaller normal length 14 mm slot drill, 0.99p and £8.99.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

That`s not bad compared to some.I have seen =A325.00 P+P on a small endmill.Two sellers are particularly bad,Lollipop and Mistap.I have complained to Ebay about them several times and nothing happens although they are circumventing Ebat fees.I stopped buying from Mistap before he started doing this because he would not consolidate postage on multiple purchases.He charged me over fifty quid in postage for a few items because he reckoned I had got a bargain. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Yep, this was lolipop1023.

I wonder if it might be worth complaining to the credit card company? Probably not, as the insidious PayPal layer in the transaction rather insulates them, and allows them to say "you shouldn't have paid". Also, eBay would probably blacklist you. Maybe the postal regulator has some powers. Obviously, in the end, it's down to us to shun them.

Name and shame!

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

As with all 'bay purchases you need to look at the total price when bidding/buy. Low sale price and high postage is a common way of keeping ebay fees down for the seller.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

It's got a lot worse relatively recently (a year or so) I assume more or less coinciding with fleabay roughly doubling their fees and making Pimpal compulsory as well as dead easy for the buyer but expenses charged to the seller.

It's all contrived to make me much less likely to use fleabay and from their financial results I infer I'm not alone.

I've looked at eBid.net and although the charges are almost nil, it's got a long way to go before it competes with fleabay on breadth or quantity. Shame.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Shute

I note that the item's postage is advertised thus :- "Postage:£17.99Royal Mail 1st Class Standard."

Would this be regarded as a mis-representation of the facts if the actual Royal Mail costs were much lower.

Don

Reply to
Donwill

,

rather

company?

regulator

Sorry guv, it's 99p for the postage and 17 quid for shoe leather taking it to the post box

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson