A Burns Night toast!

Surely not Peter? Methinks, perhaps, you didn't heed Robert's warning
"No, wha this tale o' truth shall read, Ilk man and mother's son take heed; Whene'er to drink you are inclin'd, Or cutty-sarks run in your mind, Think! ye may buy joys o'er dear - Remember Tam o' Shanter's mare."
I think you will need to stay and have another, as outside
"The wind blew as 'twad blawn its last; The rattling showers rose on the blast; The speedy gleams the darkness swallow'd Loud, deep, and lang, the thunder bellow'd: That night, a child might understand, The Deil had business on his hand."
But of course like all young men,stop when
"But wither'd beldams, auld and droll, Rigwoodie hags wad spean a foal, Louping and flinging on a crummock, I wonder did na turn thy stomach!"
or you WILL regret it ????
With apologies to Rabbie of course but you have stirred many fond memories of Burns night past.
Best regards
Keith
Reply to
wheelfelloff
Hasta Diago tuyo
Sorry, celebrated with a bottle of Muscatel, before the bastiches put it up to £0.50/unit :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
Tis the Edinburgh ol ladies whass doonnit.
Edinburgh has always been run by ol ladies, but noo they get to run Glesgae tae.
Devolution? Tae Edinburgh ol ladies? Spit on that.
Glad I live elsewhere.
-- Peter Fairbrother
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother