Accuracy stuff

I need a MT3 test bar, accurate to a hundredth of a mm, and preferably to a couple of microns, at say 150 mm.

I also need an MT3-MT2 reducer sleeve, accurate to something better than the 3 thou plus the horrible one I bought from Chester is - and preferably, again, accurate to a hundredth-, or a couple of microns at

150 mm.

How much does this kind of stuff cost?

Anyone willing to lend a suitable MT3 test bar for beer money?

Ta,

(and back more soon)

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

In which part of the country are you; for there tends to be a society of model engineers in each county and / or major conurbation who I am sure would be able to assist you.

Reply to
Me

Excuse my ignorance, I lurk here because I'm interesated in engineering in general but I'm an electronic engineer and don't know much about mecahanical fabrication ...

What's an MT3 test bar - or at least what's it used for? I found a picture on the web but no explanation! Given that it was on a page with angle blocks and parallels I guess it's to do with measuring stuff but what? Holes?

Cheers, Nobby

Reply to
Nobby Anderson

MT3 is Morse Taper No 3, the hole in the lather spindle.

A test bar ia a hardened accurate steel rod that you put >> I need a MT3 test bar, accurate to a hundredth of a mm, and preferably

Reply to
Me

Ah! Thanks, that explains it. Knowing MT was Morse Taper allowed another visit to Wackypedia and a whole new swathe of knowledge!.

Cheers, Nobby

Reply to
Nobby Anderson