Poly-V 10-Groove L section Pulley

Does anyone know of a UK supplier that would carry the Poly-V pulleys in the 'L' size of belts (4.70mm groove pitch) ?

I'm looking for a 190mm diameter 10-Groove pulley with 50mm Taper-Lock (which can be bought separately) That's about 7.5" X 2.25" wide in old money.

I have one on another piece of equipment but it has a strange shaft fitting and diameter and I don't want to disturb it. Buying a new one would save me (or John S) machining the new shaft.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.ukhttp://www.oldengine.org/members/dieselhttp://www.stationary-engine.co.ukhttp://www.oldengine.co.uk My Fenners book lists 12-groove at 185mm pitch dia, product code

215L2412, taperlock bush number 2517. They also list 8-groove, but not 12-groove. Try your local Eriks.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Sorry, that should read 'not 10-groove' ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Thanks, Tim, I never seem to have any luck with Fenner in the UK, but your number brought up this pdf:

but no Fenner site ?

You are correct, there is no 10-groove listed.

The other Italian company was SIT Spa, in Milan, who do list a 190mm 10-groove.

Thanks again,

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Fenner sold out to Wyko a few years back and they have sold out to Eriks.They are too expensive for me and after Fenner went I went back to BSL,now Brammar,and that would be my first port of call. Mark.

Reply to
mark

e:

The Fenner distribution business was taken over by Wyko and then Eriks

AIUI Fenners still exist in a reduced form as a manufacturing (and importing?) business. The link you gave is to the same page in the Fenners catalogue that I was using in paper form, I got mine from the local Eriks branch a few months ago.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I've always been well served by the local Fenners/Eriks branch , both in terms of price and general customer service. The local BSL has been the exact opposite. An awful lot seems to be down to the quality of the branch staff.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Tim

Yes they do.As well as having large machine shops for their power transmission stuff,Fenner also was a very large rubber company.They moulded a lot of industrial stuff including conveyor belting.They are/ were a true multinational.

Reply to
mark

It appears the power transmission side went to Eriks.Here`s the real Fenner website.

mark

Peter,

Not sure about your request but I designed an item using the published Contitech details for poly V belts and then contacted Contitech for a supplier and was given Wyko, what a waste of time, they took my details and said they'd get back to me 3 times in the course of a week before I twigged and went back to Contitech for an alternate supplier. I was given "Stewart Vaughan & Co Ltd" in London and they said they had the belts in stock and shipped the next day before the cheque cleared. Now I only wanted 2 belts but the Wyko lot will likely never get any orders from me, while the other will be given preference. The belts I wanted were 290 J 6 and were £5.97 + VAT each about 2.5 years ago.

Reply to
David Billington

Salamanda

Just an update, I have emailed SIT Spa in Italy, and have also contacted Brammer in the UK.

SIT Spa have the pulley on their system, the girl at Brammer Milton Keynes went away and promised to call back.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Brammer want £102 plus VAT, Transmission Developments £58, both for 12-groove.

No word from the Italians yet, they have a 10-groove. Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Brammer,Livingston want =A349.20 for the pulley,that`s for a 10 groove. How many do you want?

Mark.

Reply to
mark

Great, thanks, Mark!

One, with a 50mm shaft taper-lock.

How come they have them but their MK girl says she can't find them?

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

e:

Peter,it`s probably the same old story,depends who answers the phone.I`ll get a price for the t/lock tomorrow and email you. Mark.

Reply to
mark

ote:

for 12-groove.

I asked the question of the local Eriks after lunch, they can offer a

10 groove but she hasn't got back to me with a price. I think (from past enquiries) they keep some popular sizes in their own stock, anything else they get in from Contitech so have to check with them re price & availability.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Thanks, Mark:

If you give us the contact details, we can pay for it over the phone, saves you the hassle :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

For the record, Eriks have just come back to me saying they can't find a 10-groove after all, and a 12-groove would be about the same price that Peter was quoted by Brammers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Tim, Eriks are a total disaster.Periodically I will ask them to quote something I buy regularly from Brammer just to keep up to date with prices.They are always between 2 and 4 times the Brammer price.

Mark.

Reply to
mark