Poly-V 10-Groove L section Pulley

Mark My experience has been a bit different, I've been generally unimpressed by the local BSL (haven't tried them since the change of identity). I've used the local Fenners/Eriks whatever since they were Dick Bearings, they generally seem to have looked after me at least where bearings are concerned. I needed a 1000 roller thrust bearing last year at fairly short notice, BSL just didn't seem interested, I tried some other sources but nobody came up with anything concrete in the time available, the quotes I did get were quite a bit higher than Eriks. Unfortunately their local 'bearing man' left a few months ago, I've only had odds & sods from them since then but as yet no complaints.
Tim

Just a follow up with my recent experience. I wanted five ball bearings, run of the mill stuff, two oil seals and a big L16 polyvee belt. Tried Brammers (who did seem much more interested in the job than BSL were last time I tried) and Eriks. The expensive item was the belt (around 80 quid, roughly half the total), Eriks were quite a bit cheaper by about 20 quid. The bearings, brammers were slightly cheaper on each one. The killer was one of the oil seals, Brammers quoted me about 7 quid, Eriks wanted about 35!! It's not a very common size, I think it was going to be made to order. I pointed this out & they tried again, & did eventually beat Brammers total. Based on that one exercise, I'd be happy dealing with the local branch of either.
Tim

Just a follow up with my recent experience. I wanted five ball bearings, run of the mill stuff, two oil seals and a big L16 polyvee belt. Tried Brammers (who did seem much more interested in the job than BSL were last time I tried) and Eriks. The expensive item was the belt (around 80 quid, roughly half the total), Eriks were quite a bit cheaper by about 20 quid. The bearings, brammers were slightly cheaper on each one. The killer was one of the oil seals, Brammers quoted me about 7 quid, Eriks wanted about 35!! It's not a very common size, I think it was going to be made to order. I pointed this out & they tried again, & did eventually beat Brammers total. Based on that one exercise, I'd be happy dealing with the local branch of either.
Tim
Tim, just in case you haven't come across these guys:
http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop /
They are just up the top of Warrington (Leigh I think) and the chap on the phone was most helpful getting me bearings and seals for a recent gearbox rebuild. I think he was very reasonable on price too.
Julian.

Thanks Julian. I actually tried them, they didn't answer the phone!
Tim
Just to mention that Mark came through with the pulley for us, a big 'Thank You' to him, it did us a big favour!
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk