Modifications to a Myford ML7R

I have a ML7R which is essentially a standard ML7 fitted with a super7 headstock and tailstock introduced by Myford in the late 70s.
I'm becoming ever more frustrated by the limited range of angles that the topslide can be rotated (+/- 45 degrees). I am considering imitating the Super 7 design by fitting a dovetailed collar on the base of the topslide, boring out the cross slide table and drilling and tapping the table sided for clamp screws. To complete the changes, I will fit a smaller diameter micrometer dial on the topslide so that it does not foul the cross slide feedscrew support bracket.
I can't see any snags in this plan but can anyone else spot a flaw or even better still, has anyone attempted such a change and can pass on their experiences.
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the bore in the Super 7 table.
TIA
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

The table bore on my S7 measures 1.880". Mine is of 60's vintage if that makes any difference.
--
Kevin (Bluey)
Kevin(Bluey) wrote:

Thanks Kevin
Hi Bob , This is probably more work than you may be prepared to do, but I made a new topslide & filled in the holes on the Myford topslide and cut two shallow grooves enabling the topslide to move all over the cross slide & be locked at any angle.
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m287/jackary2003/?action=view&current=PICT0016.jpg Regards Alan
jackary wrote:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m287/jackary2003/?action=view&current=PICT0016.jpg
An interesting approach Alan but perhaps more than I need in my current work aspirations.
Thanks anyway
Bob