Another ALDI bargain, Angle Grinder this time

In stores from 23rd Feb Aldi have 1000W angle grinder for £8.99 even comes with spare brushes!

Lots of culinary stuff too although nothing specifically for cooking Kippers

Ian Phillips

Reply to
Ian Phillips

Angle grinder would be good for converting them into kipper pate...might be something of a widely distributed pate though...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

s'why mangle grinders come in boxes....take grinder out of box, put kippers in box, make pate.

What could possibly go wrong??

Reply to
zedbert

Stall angle grinder and wrap in Kippers, remove acording to cooked smell.

Reply to
Joules

And £2.99 for 12 cutting/grinding discs isn't bad either (they don't need to last long at 25p each!)

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

And there was I thinking that the proper way to cook them was to wire them to a Reliant's exhaust pipe

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

...and of course, dip the angle grinder in the ultrasonic cleaner to get the crud off afterwards. A perfect combination ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Bit of a side issue, but how do they rate the motors on these things? I just bought a beltsander from B&Q which boasts an 800watt (£13.19 + free

135W sheet sander) motor. The puzzle is that the 750Watt motor on my mill is bigger than the whole sander whereas the motor on the sander (and the angle grinder) don't seem much bigger than my fist.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

These are powered by "universal" motors - there is a field winding as well as a winding on the rotor. They tend to be smaller Watt for Watt than DC motors that use a permanent magnet to generate the field (such as I have on my X3 mill), which in turn tend to be smaller than "squirrel cage" AC motors.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

A specific difference is that the universal motors that these tools use typically rotate at 22,000 rpm or similar. With electric motors, torque tends to go up with size. Running the motor faster enables more power for the same size and torque.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Picked one up with some disks - also a set of diamond disks for 3 quid:

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree