Cleaning electronic fuel injectors in Aldo ultrasound

A question for the electrical gurus here. I bought the cleaner primarily to see if it would work on injectors. However to clean all around the pintle nozzle properly it needs to be open so that fluid can get inside. Would just connecting the injector to a 12v battery for 3 minutes be likely to burn out or damage the coil inside? These things work at up to 90% duty cycle anyway but I don't what a constant current would do.

Also would the advice differ between the low and high impedance type injectors and would a resistance in series by needed to regulate the current in any way?

-- Dave Baker

***
Reply to
Dave Baker

Chances are they will open at less than 12V and probably stay open even lower. So, you could put on a variable supply, wind it up till they open, and then lower it a bit to find the "close point".

These are essentially DC devices to to find the current anp power just measure the DC resistance and use I=V/R and P = IV

Think about the mixing of cleaning fluid and electricity- dirty water will conduct and any organic solvent may ignite if there is a spark.

--

73 Brian
Brian Reay

Just checked a Autodata FI manual, and it has the following infor-

For flow testing, if the injectors have a resistance of 1.0-3.0ohm, then a resistor of 5.0-8.0ohm must be connected in series. If the injectors have a resistance of 15-17ohm, then the 12v supply may be connected directly.

moray

***
Reply to
M Cuthill

Dave, could you run the injector off a light flash car relay... approx 50% cycle :-)

Regards Jonathan

remove AT to reply

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes