Anyone here building a fullsize plane?

no

it would be like a fat bastard having to call the fire brigade and rent-a-crane to get it out of the living room window

Reply to
Bill E. Nomates

Reply to
catkin

In message , david writes

Plans available ...............

65 Australian Dollars

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

In message , Mike Whittome writes

Was it Spike Milligan who had the catch phrase, "A young man could come to harm that way!"?

Reply to
Mike H

Many years ago a friend and I built a pedal powered plane to have a go at the Kremer prize for man powered flight.

We did manage to leave the ground albeit very briefly and even made a spot on Look North on ITV...

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

Two.

One is a CriCri with an MAUW equal to a go-kart

The other is a Long-Ez with a diesel engine.

Why

-- rss

----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsss's Profile:

this thread:

rsss

--Speaking of homebrew "aircraft", for a good time google on "Flugtag".

Reply to
steamer

Wow, a diesel engine! what make? Or is it a special brew? What made you go for a diesel; fire safety or range? Building an aeroplane is something I would like to do one day, but not until I've got more money burning a hole in my pocket. Long-Ezs are cool, but reading stuff on the web I get the impression they are for advanced builders and experienced pilots only; is this true? That Mr. Rutan is an aviation god.

cheers, David

rsss wrote:

Reply to
penfold

-- rss

this thread:

rsss

At first I took this as meaning a plane for removing material (as in smoothing plane, rabbet plane, etc) BUT, if you're interested in amateur-built aircraft in the UK, you should contact the Popular Flying Association

There are similar associations in most countries.

Dave

Reply to
Dave