Best hacksaw blades

I want quality hacksaw blades. Does that mean I should be buying Eclipse? Or are Eclpise not really that good? Thanks.

On 16/01/2012 16:15, Richard wrote:

I was just Googling. I wonder if Starrett brand ar the king of hacksaw blades! :c)
But, does your regular hobbyist buy them? I suppose some do.
I'm just cutting mild steel.
Might get a couple of Starrett blades. About 6.50 inc. shipping.
On 1/17/2012 2:01 AM, Richard wrote:

I use Sandvik blades ,got two free packs from a mine where I used to work from a travelling sales rep. I haven't had to buy any for quite a few years .
--
Kevin (Bluey)

.
Personally I'll never buy Starrett hacksaw blades again, after a batch I had a few years ago that shed teeth like they were made of glassI. I may have just got a bad batch, but they were defintely OEM Starrett and not chinese copies, but since then I used Bacho (Bahco-Sandvik?) or Eclipse blades with no problems.
I tend to just use Bi-metal blades, rather than the all-hard HSS blades.

Scrapman dropped me a box of 100 in the other day, forgot the name, never heard of them before but made in England and donkeys years old by the box. I'll try one this afternoon now this post has jogged my memory.
Lennox make good saw blades, hand and machine. Starrett is junk in my book.
John S.

OK these blades are made by Balfors in Sheffield, marked up as Tungsten steel, if anyone offers you some - run away. Brand new blade this afternoon, cut two M6 machine screws and struggled to cut thru the second. Blade now totally shagged. Proves it wasn't just the Chinese that could make rubbish, seems we also had our own efforts at it as well. <g>
John S.

I just bought a pack of 10 Eclipse blades and they are great. Still on my first one and no sign of it slowing down yet.

We are currently working our way through a 100 box of Starrett blades but I still think the Eclipse are best.Or,at least they were the last time I bought them. ISTR that they are now Chinese owned and probably manufactured there too.
Richard wrote:

The best blades I have seen were progressive teeth (can not remember brand) but the teeth were fine in front and course at back. You can still get them but they are extremely expensive.
seek for good one
--
hanshalton