Black nickel finish?

In the last eight months since moving to the sea any free time when the weather wasn't good enough to waterski, kite surf or go shooting was spent setting up the new workshop and modifying the Land Rover. Now however I have finally given into pressure to redecorate the house :(

Anyway all the 1970 sockets and light switches are being changed for "Black Nickel" versions as shown here:

?&fh_search=40825&searchbutton=submit The question is how to I duplicate this effect? I have loads of old, crappy-looking vents for the hot air heating that I need to replace and that finish goes perfectly with the newly stained wood floors.

Reply to
Cliff Ray

Caswell do a black nickel plating kit. Need to do lots of polishing first though...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Also check what your air vent grilles are made of. Might be aluminium which wont take nickel plating AFAIK. You might then have to think about dying the anodising.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The existing vents can best be described as crap. They appear to be steel with a pseudo brass-look lacquer so I was thinking I needed to make replacements anyway. I originally thought of aluminium anodised black, but would rather the nickel finish if possible.

Reply to
Cliff Ray

Go with steel and black zinc.Looks quite good.

Reply to
mark

Can that be done at home, or do I need to send away the parts?

Reply to
Cliff Ray