Almost Three Months Since the Last Sevice Pack

Just release 2005 and move on SolidWorks. It's all beta anyhow.

Mike J. Wilson

That's an excellent idea!! Screw SW2004! and all the sp's!!

Let's move forward and deal with "TRUE" beta testing!!

Man, that would solve a lot of problems and I'm sure the programmers would luv it!

Let's skip and forget SW2004 and move forward!!!

This is a great idea, man!!

..

"Mike J. Wils>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Sorry Paul, I was in stage 3 there for a moment. Not sure what stage I'm in now ;^)

The Five Stages of Stable Software Loss...

Stage 1: Denial

*) We deny that "stable software" has died *) We ignore signs our stable software has "passed away" *) We believe that by thinking positively, the bugs will "disappear"

Stage 2: Bargaining

*) We promise to "strike a deal" for better software *) We promise to beta test until we croak *) We agree to pay to beta test as an extreme measure *) We lack confidence to deal with the loss of stability *) We begin to "Shop around" for better software

Stage 3: Anger

*) We become angry with everyone *) We get upset at the steps we take to overcome this outrage *) We pick out "scapegoats" in which to vent our anger *) We blame ourselves *) We blame the software *) We believe we have a RIGHT to be PISSED

Note: Anger is a normal stage that must be expressed

Stage 4: Despair

*) We become overwhelmed with the anguish and pain *) We begin to have uncontrollable weeping and sobbing *) We can go into deep silence, never posting to the newsgroup again *) We feel guilty, believing we are responsible for the death of stable software *) We lose all hope faith and trust in our software

Note: At this stage, we need our software company to communicate with us so we can work through this. If our software company doesn't let us know what's going on, we experience mental illness, poor bonding, unhealthy interaction and inability to cope.

Stage 5: Acceptance Now where did I put my happy pills?

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson

I'm gonna clip and save this one, Mike. Inspired is what it is!!

'Sporky'

  • "Sneak>
Reply to
Sporkman

SW marketing tactics are as deceptive as AutoDesk's ever were. They don't polish off the previous release and are already promoting the next. Everyone struggles with the poor quality for half the year, and then by some miracle, the product becomes barely tolerable enough to use just prior to the next release. Oh yea, subscription renewal is around the corner, what to do? Cancel subscription or hope the next release will be better than the last, because this release isn't so good. I'm positive the next release will have hundreds of new features and improvements and the speed will be unbelievable.

Myth: More beta testers means less problems at release

Kman

Reply to
Kman

I, Malcontent am at stage 4.

M.T.

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

now to be fair, except for a few REALLY SHITTY bugs, SP0.0 really wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. SP1.0 is worse.

Reply to
Nick E.

"Mike J. Wilson" a écrit dans le message de news:

40104492_1@127.0.0.1...

The "slip of the tongue" tells it:

French--> English sévices: -->

maltreatment; ill-treatment; brutality; cruelty (also used in S&M relationship...)

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Sounds too familiar...

not occured yet, still at stage 3 on these matters...

:p took your post to my "Do not delete" -list

Reply to
Arto Kvick

Priceless Mike! I actually laughed out loud when I read it.

This one is getting printed and framed on the wall! (hope you don't mind) :)

Thanks, especially today.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

"Mike J. Wilson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40104492_1@127.0.0.1...

I love this, it's almost one of these outstanding I-knew-it-but-couldn't-grasp-it kind of things, which allows me to take a step back and observe myself ...

looks like I'm tossed between stage 2 and 4, but trying not to show stage 3 in public ;-)

Would you mind if I use this defintions for my website and in our german newsgroups? *lol*

Bye, Stefan

-- unofficial german SolidWorks helpsite

and programs for SolidWorks

Stefan Berlitz

Mike you should have posted this before the World Conference. Then I woulda gone and put "approaching Stage 4" on my name tag just so I could explain it to everyone. LOL

Jeff "Can I be a SWW 2004 keynote speaker?"

Reply to
Jeff N

I agree beta testing is necessary and don't want to imply it is useless. However, there is a point of no return with regards to the effectiveness of mass numbers of beta testers.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

So what are the major things wrong with SWX2004? I get about 2 crashes a week with SWX2003 SP5. We are suppose to be upgrading to

2004 in a month or so.
Reply to
SW Monkey

help for stage 4 sufferers

one of my favorites. unfortunately it sometimes applies to me

DaveL

Heh, I didn't realize I would get such a response. You guys can post 'em and modify 'em.

Sevice.. I can't believe I did that!

Mike

Mike J. Wilson

Yeah those are pretty funny. I had the "motivation" one in my cube at the last place.

If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very east job. The kind robots will be doing soon.

Reply to
Jeff N

User since 99. Stage 5 since 03.

Reply to