Bridgeport Stepper

I am about to fit Bridgeport stepper motors to my look alike I'm using the drivers from arc euro there was a link I think JS might have
posted it on the wiring to these steppers they are the ones with the big heat sink round them any one got the link thanks for any help
Andrew Bishop
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:32:53 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

Andrew there are two makes of steppers fitted to the Bridgy, Sigma and Superior. Usually the Sigma's have their terminals in two parallel rows and the Superiors have them in two crescents, note I said usually. The only differing points is the way the coil ends are connected.
If you are using the drivers from Arc Euro then set the dip switches to the max rating of 7.8 amps and wire up in parallel. Run as close to 70 volts as you can and these will run fine.
The wiring diagram for both types of motor are here:-
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/hidden/gecko.jpg
A quick check with a meter will show continuity on the coils to determine which type of motor it is. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

thanks for that are you saying that I need 70v power supply I have a 40 + 40 transformer that I can wire in series to give 80v I was concerned that it would be at the maximum for the driver and was thinking of running it in parallel to give 40v
Thanks Andrew
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:56:13 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

Andrew, Transformers are rated at AC volts so your 40 + 40 will give 80v AC x 1.414 = 113 v DC by the time it's rectified and smoothed if wired in series.
If wired in parallel then it's 40v AC x 1.414 = 56.56 v DC which is still a decent figure for these drives and saves having to buy another transformer. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.