Denford Triac Motor Replacement

I'm looking at replacing the stepper motors on my Triac with some more modern ones, as I never got rid of the problem of loosing steps. This will rule out any problems with the old motors not working well with the new drives I fitted, and will improve performance anyway as the new motors should be more efficient than the old ones. I was just measuring the available space to see if they would fit and working out what brackets and spacers I'd need to make to fit them.

Has anyone swapped the steppers on one of these, and is it possible to change the Y axis motor without removing the column casting from the bed? Just thought I'd ask before trying, could save a lot of time and effort.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin