Slightly OT - Ammeter Repair

Hi all. Could anyone reccomend somewhere to repair an ammeter off a Crypton battery charger? Cheers, Scruff.

Reply to
scruffybugger

Apart from contacting crypton to seek a replacement, perhaps it is to old for that. Do you need the old one fixing to keep the appearance or are you happy with another to get it working?

If so what size is the meter, how many amps does it show full scale, is it round or square etc.

I have the old meter around but depends on size etc.

Cheers

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

Contacted Crypton last september, they quoted =A3265+Vat and carriage. A little rich for my blood, much as I like the charger. I'd prefer to keep the original meter (I like to keep some of my kit looking "right"). I can't remember what it reads off the top of me head, but I'll check next time I'm in the shed. I do remember that it's square and that the suppliers I've asked (over the net) have replied "Blimey, we don't stock them that big anymore..."

I'm still waiting for Cryptons repair service to get back to me...

Cheers, Scruff.

Reply to
scruffybugger

I'm still waiting for Cryptons repair service to get back to me...

Cheers, Scruff.

I replaced the meter on our crypton charging and starting test rig I fitted new internals and kept the original meter scale and lens worked out what the shunt should be and its worked fine since

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop