F27 Stryker - Park Zone - Battery Help

Hi this comes with a 8.4Volt battery, I have 5 some 7.4Volt ones from my Hobbey Zone Aerobird. Has anyone tried to fly an F27 with a 7.4 volt, and if yes did you get enough power to take off ok? I am a bit hesitant to try it as only just repaired and flying again after a bad crash. Any advise gratefully received.

Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hi Steve,

The Strykr that I bought came with the 7.4V battery as standard equipment and I purchased the 8.6V battery separately. It flies just fine on the 7.4V but is not as spritely. There is plenty of power for take off as long as you give it a good toss. Don't throw like you're trying to hit home plate from far left field, but a good firm toss is in order. Mine has turfed it a time or two with no matter which battery was installed because of a weak toss. No damage as we fly off grass but there is the embarrassment factor!

Battery run time is a bit shorter as you tend to stay at full throttle longer but it is still a blast to fly.

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud

Thanks a lot Jim, Ive ordered 2 more 8.4 (+ another spare Stryker!) that give me lads of flight time !

Regards Steve

Reply to
Steve

I think there's a different prop that you can buy for the 6-cell setup - have a look in the manual. However, I would probably avoid using a 6-cell. It's not going to give you a lot a power to feel confident with - at lower speeds the nose of the Stryker can really drop in a turn, and I've found it much easier to hammer around at full chat on the 7 cell, rather than at half throttle. OTOH, a bit of expoy sorts out any vertical landing. Take a look at the Stryker discussions on

and
Lots of people doing all sorts of crazy mods.

Reply to
Dr KC

Thanks DR KC, the help in this forum is excellent, keep reading about "epoxy" glue, but when I go into shops they look blankly at me. Have found "araldite" which is epoxy, is there a chaeper alternative?

I have repaired the plane numerous times while learning, its more glue and tape than original body, but still it flys like a dream !!!!!!!!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve