R8 indexable End Mill - Arc Euro

Hi

I`m considering buying a indexable end mill and Arc Euro seem to have some at good prices. I`m interested in the R8 1 3/4" but I notice that the spare inserts have been out of stock for a while and I was wondering if there is a commercial equivalent which is commom enough to be available from local stockists?

Thanks for looking

Paul

Reply to
Paul M

Not certain on this info but from the table there is very little difference between the #5 at 15mm, the #6 at 15.4mm and the very popular #7 at 16mm. I'd take a chance on the #6 or #7 fitting and if they do then you are open up to using the very popular TPUN series of tips that can be bought quite cheaply.

It's not hard to find these TiN coated at £1:00 each.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Thanks John

Looking to sort a Arc euro order this weekend so I think I will go with the 1 3/4 Mill.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul M

Oops - forgot to ask if the TPUN refers to the size of the insert or is it just a range of inserts and you need to check the specs for size etc.?

Thanks again

Paul

Reply to
Paul M

I Have placed my order and decided to go for the 2" cutter.

I will get some local prices for the tips.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul M