Bristol Exhibition

Nicely presented this year, apart from the cloudburst at 0950 just as we were all driving onto the field.
A new Mamod 32mm live steamer, this time gas fired, and
at 199 is bound to give Roundhouse and Accucraft a run for their money.
CNC (usually with mach3 software) stalls on the increase.
As before, if you want lunch, join the queue by 11:45.
If you thought 7 1/4" locomotives were too big for your garden, just wait till you see the Beyer-Garratt.
Myford in attendance as well as Warco.
Some intriguing marine engine models from the Bristol club members, no valve gear in sight, all steam and exhaust ports within the crankshafts.
Alec Price displaying his excellent clocks, but musing that this might have to be the last exhibition that he can attend.
Camden Miniature Steam Services finally have a pile of the Australian "Stean Trains in your garden" book, so get in their quickly.
As in previous years, arrive home suitably motivated, dive into workshop, pick up lump of steel, can't think what to do with it, put it down and go and watch telly all disheartened!
Anyway, well done to the Bristol Club in this their 100th year; not as big as the Fosse Way do, but improving every year.
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:51:46 +0100, "Phil O. Sopher"

Yep - one of these years I will make it down there...
Regards, Tony

Calling in tomorrow, 18,737 people owe me a pint.
John S.
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:02:07 -0700 (PDT), John S

One pint of draft Hysol XF coming up sir. Do you want chips with that?
Mark Rand RTFM
John S wrote:

Must have missed you all.
Dearie dearie me!
Went with 100 to buy small tooling, but no Arceuro, no Chester, no Chronos, no RDG even - Warco and Myford only had small selections - spent 6 with Jenny and brought the rest back.
And NO PINTS!!
-- Peter Fairbrother