Changewheelpuzzle

Hi, I have got some undocumented accessoiry changewheels meant for imperial threading. Tooth numbers are 39, 40, 50, 56 and 79. My gearhead lathe has a threading drive with a fixed reduction of 0,25 and

56 teeth. The lead spindle has a pitch of 3mm, giving a factor of 0,75 for calculations, e.g. M2,5 would require 56/63 x 10/28 x 0,75= 2,5mm. Which inch threads could I make and how do I gear up these wheels?
Reply to
Dirk

Het is zò dat Dirk formuleerde :

sry, x105/28

Reply to
Dirk

Google for a programme called NThreadsP. It may be on lathes.co.uk for download. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark, this saves me a lot of paper ;-)

Reply to
Dirk

This may help

ML7GEAR

download from here

Mark

Yes, it worked! Have all possible tpi's now. The trick was to set KF to

  1. Very handy program. Thanks.
Reply to
Dirk